Essentia ESS is an online platform that introduces us to the world of decentralized digital community. It is a fault – proof, anti – abuse and anti – spam network that facilitates a connection between the personal information of one user and the digital ID of some other (opponent) user. It provides valuable decentralization as well as recentralization strategies. It offers inter – operability between machines, users and third party services. It gives complete authentication to its users over the following aspects:
- Personal identity related information or data
- Assets and
- Privacy aspects.
The data or information here are usually denoted as ‘seed’. The digital ID of essentia can be easily utilized across a variety of services, platforms and environments. It involves a wide range of decentralized applications, third party (intermediary) services and blockchains. It is purely based on the crypto graphic basics such as encryption, decryption and verification and so on.
Micro Mongiardino, Vladimir Holubovych and Matteo Zago are the three co – founders of this platform. It was established in 2017 in Amsterdam by a non – profit organization called ‘Essentia One’.
What is Essentia?
Essentia is a framework that allows users to have full control of their online identities. Users can control whether or not they want their identity to be completely private, whether they want to reveal certain parts of their identities, or whether they want to give websites complete access to their persona. Within this persona, information such as IP addresses, names, your region, and other personal information can traditionally be read by servers who sites you visit.
The main user, or “Seed” as Essentia calls it, is the only one who has complete access to this personal data. Obviously, there will be certain situations where seeds may need to share more personal data for authentication reasons, but in general, this isn’t necessary. By using the Essentia framework, users will have full control over how and where their personal information is shared with other servers.
- Private: Only the main user, also known as the “seed” has full control over their data. Other computers, servers, or third-party entities can access seed information without prior authorization.
- Customizable: Essentia is incredibly easy to customize for whoever is going to be primarily using it. Essentia can be used to protect the identity of machines and humans alike. Each person or machine will have different requirements and will need to customize the Essentia system to meet specific needs.
- One Environment: The Essentia environment provides a central hub that can be used to store multiple forms of identifications, personal data, information about assets, and more. All of this information is completely secure and decentralized.
What Issue Does it Solve?
Essentia solves the issues that most commonly arise in today’s highly-connected world. Information is more valuable than ever and can fetch a high price on the market. Essentia gives users a framework which allows them to remain completely anonymous if they wish and also gives them the ability to keep data about their machine private.
By using a secure framework like Essentia, users can be sure that they’re not being taken advantage of. They can filter out what entities are allowed to access data about them. This framework provides a way to fully decentralize your identity.
Token Sale Information (Not Yet Released)
- Token: ESS
- After ICO no additional ESS tokens will be released
- Website: https://essentia.one
- Whitepaper: https://essentia.one/whitepaper.pdf
Various sections of essentia:
The following are some of sections available in essentia:
- ID section
- Keyring section
- Wallet section
- Storage and exchange section
- VPN section and
- Dapp center and so on.
Major components in essentia:
- ESS – ID (identity core)
- ESS – OS (operating system) and
- ESS – HOME (data environment).
- Official ICO Website
- Bitcointalk ANN Thread
- Download Whitepaper
It is the scope of this project which makes it an interesting one. Full product roll-out cannot be expected before end of Q4 2019.
If the token sale is to be a successful one, the project team will need to work on communicating a clearer message for the project’s overall remit.